Written on: September 5, 2023
Pressure Builder-Economizer Regulator
Lighter weight and wider pressure range help optimize operation of cryogenic-storage vessels
ELON, NORTH CAROLINA – RegO Products is excited to announce the launch and availability of its new CBE504 Series Half-Inch Pressure Builder-Economizer Regulator, which has been designed to help achieve and maintain proper pressures in cryogenic vessels with minimal risk of product loss during their operation. RegO’s new CBE504 Series offers several advantages over the current CB504 model, including a more compact size and wider range of pressure settings. As a result, the existing CB504 model will be replaced by the new model.
Similar to the capabilities of RegO’s PB504 Series Pressure Build Regulator, the CBE504 unit can produce pressure-build speeds that are up to two times faster than competitive models. Additionally, because the CBE504 design combines the pressure-building and economizer functions in one unit, it saves space and simplifies installation in tight plumbing geometries, is 40% lighter than competitive models and reduces leak points.
Notable features and benefits of the CBE504 Series Pressure Builder-Economizer Regulator include:
• Maximum inlet pressure of 600 psig (41.4 barg) and a set pressure range of 25 to 550 psig (1.7 to 37.9 barg)
• Cryogenic temperature rating from -320ºF to 150ºF (-196ºC to 65ºC)
• Designed and suitable for use in various cryogenic industrial gases, including nitrogen, oxygen, argon, CO2 and LNG*
• Economizer setpoint linked to pressure builder setpoint, which helps ensure correct adjustment
• Lateral economizer port with 1.7 times larger flow area than competitive models for faster response time and reduced product loss
• Economizer seal design tied strictly to the PB Outlet function to prevent pressure runaways, further reducing potential for product loss
• Internal economizer-check function reduces potential for product loss by preventing reverse flow
• Calibrated pressure adjustment on bonnet cap allows for faster, more accurate pressure-set adjustments
• One-piece PTFE poppet seat provides better guidance for improved seating, which helps eliminate leak paths at cryogenic temperatures
• Monel screens on pressure builder help prevent accumulation of debris in the regulator seat, resulting in longer seat and seal life
• Copper gasket provides superior seal under cryogenic temperatures to help prevent leakage
• Unit can be mounted vertically with economizer port in sideways position or horizontally with economizer port in upward position
• PED (SEP) certified and CRN registered (#0C21549.25)
• 10-year RegO product warranty
* For optimum performance with CO2 and nitrous oxide, use in gas phase.
For more information on the new CBE504 Series Pressure Builder-Economizer Regulator, please click HERE. For information on any of RegO’s other gas-control products, please visit regoproducts.com.
About RegO Products
Founded in 1888 and headquartered in Elon, NC, USA, RegO Products is a premier manufacturer and worldwide supplier of gas-control products for use in the industrial gas and liquefied cryogenics industries, and in 2021 became a founding member of OPW Clean Energy Solutions. RegO specializes in the development of cryogenic valves, regulators, storage and containment systems, and recently completed development of a nozzle for use in the transfer of LNG. For more information on RegO Products, please visit regoproducts.com. For additional information on OPW, please visit opwglobal.com.
About OPW Clean Energy Solutions
OPW Clean Energy Solutions was formed in December 2021 when OPW acquired both Acme Cryogenics and RegO Products. Acme is a leading provider of mission-critical cryogenics products and services that facilitate the production, storage and distribution of cryogenics liquids and gases. RegO is a leading provider of highly engineered flow control solutions for cryogenic and liquified gas end markets. Together, they are taking OPW beyond conventional fueling solutions and helping define what’s next for alternative energy markets. For more information on OPW Clean Energy Solutions, please visit https://www.opwglobal.com/opw-clean-energy-solutions.